Family Renewal Shelter - About FRS
Family Renewal Shelter
Quick Contact Info:
24-hour crisis line:
National 24-hour crisis line:
Family Renewal Shelter offers a wide variety of services, some of them quite unique:
- National 24-hour domestic violence crisis line 1-888-550-3915
- Case Management and legal referrals provided to help families with legal issues, housing, educational and employment searches, relocation and change of identity.
- Emergency advocacy and transportation from hospitals, police stations, churches, motels and neighbors, as well as transportation for residents scheduled medical, legal and personal appointments.
- On-site animal kennel allows families to not have to abandon their beloved family pets. There are also shelter pets that provide an informal 'pet therapy' that has proven very successful.
- Donated cars in good condition and when available are given to residents who come to the shelter without transportation. This practical service increases the likelihood that a woman will be able to remain independent and violent free. Also on-site is an auto repair shop where volunteer mechanics repair residents' vehicles.